Fire catches at Sridevi and Boney Kapoor’s bungalow which stands at Andheri West due to short circuit in the air-conditioner of Sridevi’s room. Sridevi with her two daughters, Jhanvi and Kushi were all present at the house when the incident took place. They were alert with the fire alarm in the house. They immediately evacuated the house. Fire brigade was called in.
“A short circuit in the air conditioner installed in the bedroom led to the fire which gutted an entire room and furniture”, fire brigade officials said.
Sridevi and her two daughters were at her mother-in-law’s room when the bedroom caught fire. Fire destroyed some property of Sridevi’s bedroom. The actress quickly acted to the situation, she sent her mother-in-law to Sanjay Kapoor’s residence and sent her two daughters for a dinner with their friends and they put their pets in car and it is heard that the family had to spend the night in a hotel as the electricity of the house was cut.
Producer Boney Kapoor who was not present at the situation was rushed home from Bandra, after receiving the news. He stayed there till 9.30.