A few weeks ago, there were reports that Deepika Padukone was involved in serious research at Milan’s creative arts university — Academia Di Brera. Known for her minimal yet classy dressing, the Bangalore model-turned-Bollywood actress now debuts as a fashion designer as she co-creates and unveils this season’s Women’s Limited Edition collection exclusively for Van Heusen.
With Deepika on board, the line goes a notch higher with its trendsetting designs in couture spirit. Pegged around old Hollywood glamour, classic meets contemporary is the overarching look of the collection. The palate features monochromatic shades for the uber chic, dusty rose pinks for sensual women, cobalt blue for trendsetters and more, which adds appeal to the creation.
“It’s a little bit of what I already have and what I would like to see myself wearing. The collection is really about wearing your own personality. That’s something I’ve always believed in. It’s important to not forget who you are,” says Deepika.
“Women fashion followers have been quite influenced by Deepika’s overall charisma and this creation sparkles with her elegant style. These dresses are an ultimate combination of style, class, modernity and substance,” points out Vinay Bhopatkar, brand head, Van Heusen, of the collection that is currently available at all stores across the country.
- Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif get into ugly cat fight again (bollyhoodcelebrities.wordpress.com)
- Is Deepika Padukone out of ‘Fast and Furious 7′? (bollyhoodcelebrities.wordpress.com)
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Inter-Caste Marriages (bollyhoodcelebrities.wordpress.com)
- What was Ranveer Singh doing in Deepika Padukone’s vanity van? (bollyhoodcelebrities.wordpress.com)
- Have Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone parted ways post Ram Leela? (bollyhoodcelebrities.wordpress.com)
- Are Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh on a holiday? (bollyhoodcelebrities.wordpress.com)